Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A little project...

There has been a little thing I have been meaning to since we moved into the house 6 weeks ago. We have a little half bath down stairs that I want to make an elegant shabby chic. I have had this little fake potted plant that I think I got at a dollar store YEARS ago that I thought would look so cute in there on the window sill. I have not even started to decorate the bathroom but I did break down and do the plant last night. I bought some ribbon to finish it off today and here is the final project.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I am pleased with the outcome and can't wait to work on the other things for that little room. I'm feeling very motivated now that this little one is out of the way.

So Mr. Riley's glasses came in today! I picked them up on my way home from work. He looks like he aged 4 years when he puts them on!! So grown up! His expression when he put them on was priceless! It was like the whole room transformed. "WOW, I can read the TV!!" it was pretty cool.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sorry for the blur. That child cannot keep his eyes open for a flash to save his life. I had to shoot in natural light and so it blurred because well...I have to breathe. HAH!

Well that is all for tonight! Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Sounds just like my DS when he got his glasses several years ago. He was so excited to be able to see things without the blur...didn't even know what some things really looked like.
Your shabby chic plant container turned out very, very cute. Looks like you're off to a good start.

Leigh Penner said...

Ooh, I love that vase and how you decorated it with patterned paper! Great idea!!