Sunday, October 19, 2008

Falling oil prices

Oil was down as low as $67 on Friday but closed for the weekend at $71. I'm sure you have all started to see gas prices fall in your area. I saw this sign and was so excited that I had to take a picture. My husband thought I was nuts but it is the first time it's been under $3 in so long!

Photobucket
I just thought I would share and I hope you all are seeing prices this low soon!

Here is my latest project. I purchased this at Goodwill for $4.99!! Can you believe it?

Photobucket

I will take my new little hand sander and refinish it. I can just see how cute it will be painted white and distressed! Goodwill is a fantastic place to find old jars, shelves and little tables like this one. I will share pictures of course when I get it done.

Well I don't have too much to say today. Be sure to check out the AWESOME RAK at Triple the Sketch this weekend. Pink Persimmon is generously offering this RAK to one lucky winner this weekend!
Photobucket
What do you need to do to enter? You need to use this week's sketch (Sketch 29) to create a layout, card, tag, or altered item. Then you need to link it in the comment section on the Triple the Sketch website by 11:59 p.m. CST on Thursday, October 23. One lucky winner will be chosen and announced on Friday, October 24th.
And here is my take on the sketch to end my short little post! Thanks for looking!

Photobucket
Papers: Bazzill; Foofala; Colorbok
Embellishments: Melissa Frances stickers; Martha Stewart glitter; Scenic Route chipboard heart; Making Memories safety pin; twine and lace from craft store



3 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Your card is so very cute! I just love vintage inspired work, and Melissa Francis stuff is my favorite. Can't wait to see how you table find turns out.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it crazy that they have us conditioned to be excited about gas under $3!? When it was $121 a barrel we were paying $4-with the current price of oil we should be paying about $1.79 for a gallon of gas! Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....................

Anonymous said...

Just a note to let you know southern OK gas prices are $1.97. Sorry to spoil your evening.